- Please listen to your leaders because we love you.
- Respect and care for one other.
- Participate in all events and be on time.
- Don’t wander off. Your counselor is responsible for you and must know where you are at all times. They may freak out and have a heart attack if they can’t find you.
- No girls in guys’ dorm; no guys in girls’ dorm.
- No illegal substances, cigarettes, alcohol, etc. You get the point.
- No electronic devices. Let's do our best to disconnect from virtual things to connect in reality and be more fully present with God and one another in community. Give your cell phones and valuables to your counselors to lock up so they don’t get lost. Your rooms do not lock. Your counselors can wake you up in the mornings.
- Sleep during lights out. You will definitely need your rest!
- Bring your bible, booklet and pen to all services and seminars. You should have your name badges with you at all times.
- Open your hearts and minds to God.
- Have lots of fun!
- All registered students must remain for the entire duration of the retreat. Unavoidable exceptions must be granted by ARISE by contacting email@example.com by the regular registration deadline.
- All registered students must remain on and in the designated areas of the campus at all times. There is no use of personal vehicles during the retreat.
- Non-registered youth students and post-high school individuals may not be on the retreat site during the retreat without approval. The ARISE Staff reserve the right to ask anyone to leave at their discretion. Youth workers, pastors and parents are always welcome to join us for evening worship.
- Students found with illegal substances or engaged in violent or inappropriate sexual behaviors will have their parent/guardian contacted, and upon deliberation, leave the retreat.
The ARISE Summer Retreat Dress Code exists to help create an environment most conducive to worship and loving one another as brothers and sisters. Let's train our minds and exercise healthy self-respect and respect for one another--treating one another with purity and godliness in thought and deed. Let's focus on loving God and others, without being too distracted by what people are wearing. This is a good mindset to have for all of life outside of the retreat as well.
Counselors and ARISE staff may kindly ask you to change. Please listen. We want your good.
Here are some specifics:
- Tops should completely cover the stomach and back. No crop tops, halters, tube-tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, low-cut shirts, backless shirts... you get the idea.
- Shorts should be at least around fingertip length.
- You'll need sneakers for some indoor and outdoor activities.
Common Sense Stuff:
Clothing and accessories should not display: 1. racial or ethnic slurs/symbols, 2. gang affiliations, 3. vulgar, subversive, or sexually suggestive content, 4. anything promoting products which students may not purchase legally—such as alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, etc.