Group Discussion & Lunch
Church groups, if possible, are required to attend the conference with a leader (youth worker or other chaperone) who are responsible for overseeing their students. These leaders will facilitate group discussions with students at the lunch break with questions that will be provided. We hope this intentional time will help you and your students together process what God is doing in their hearts and minds. It is recommended that you and your students bring bagged lunches or be prepared to go out to get lunch nearby together. If students are attending alone without a leader, please choose that option on the registration and bring some money (less than $10) to eat in the dining hall onsite and join a group led by an ARISE staff person.
“I liked having to talk with my jundo and learning how to apply the lessons to our youth group.”
“I got to share my feelings with my youth group and we got to EAT! =) ”
“Group discussions during lunch helped kids to speak freely.”
You can bring a bagged lunch or click here to download a list of local lunch options!
Dinner will be provided onsite.
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Kaiser Chapel (Academic Center)
130 Essex Street, South Hamilton, MA 09182
(see campus map)
What to Bring
- Bible and something to take notes and write with
- Bagged lunch, or money and means to go out to lunch on Saturday (Saturday dinner will be provided)
- Prayerful and prepared hearts to hear from God
- All registrants will receive wristbands when checking-in. You will show these to our staff at the chapel entrance as you go in. The bands MUST be kept on overnight if returning for the Saturday sessions. Don't worry. They're waterproof so you can shower with them on. =)
- Staff and volunteers are there to assist and serve you. Respect them and fellow attendees at all times.
- No food or drinks inside the chapel.
All pastors, youth workers, parents and past ARISE counselors are welcome so that the youth attending may feel supported by their churches, families and mentors. If you are one of these permitted guests but not sitting with your youth students, you are welcome to sit in the upper level of the main chapel during sessions. All others who are not registered youth students must receive individual permission from ARISE prior to the event in order to be onsite. Unauthorized adults are not allowed and will be asked to leave.